Site Inactive

Membership

About Mithril Forges of Eregion
Well met, traveller!

I'm glad to see you to come to the website of Mithril Forges of Eregion. And i'm sorry to disappoint you: even if Mithril Forges *is* an existing kinship on the Landroval server - my private one to store my little army of alts - this website has been created as a kind of my private project. I intend to share it with a few of my friends, but generally it's not planned for the public use, sorry. Of course feel free to check any contents accessible on public part of the forums, but i'm affraid there isn't too much more to do here :-)

If you feel the need to participate here, please contact me ingame first - we can speak about it. But i don't promise you anything.

May your trail be safe and your step sure, wherever you go ...

Werrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mithril Forges of Eregion Forum Index -> Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werrick [Agc]

re: Hunt For Site Layout:: Step 1 aka 'What's in the Store'

Let's quickly look through layout library to reply the basic question: What has been already done? Of course for slackers like myself the ideal response is: 'Eeeeverything!'

At first look guildlaunch offers a *very* impressive library of 401 predefined layouts. Of course, i don't have any illusion that at the very end most of them are only recoloured and/or recycled (ie minor changes in graphical elements, different logo etc.) base designs. But on the other hand i'm happy with it. I'm not one of these, who insist on difference between all 50 shades of grey.

Basic designs (probably the best way to select them is in template library is to use 'Series' filter) are:

• R14 (242 modifications) ... could be working, the banner part (kinship logo image) is adaptable up to the maximum width, but the body is designed only for 1140 pixels (approx)
  • Arclight (41 modifications) ... again, limited body width to 1140 pixels. Some nice modifications, if you are into fire, 'Arclight - Rift Fire' is worth your attention
  • Lightwave (23 modifications) ... again: all the layouts (with one exception) are fixed-width
  • Neo (19 modifications) ... finally! With a single one exception all the designs have fully adaptive body width
  • Redux (66 modifications) ... mixture of adaptable/fixed-width designs. A lot of layouts to choose from if you are ready to modify a bit ..
  • Other ... well, generally i don't like the category 'Other'. Usually it is a mess. But not in this case, only 10 layouts here. Most of them are just a variations, not as much important

Okay, now interesting question: when starting this website, i have chosen the design 'Lotro One' after filtering by game (of course, Lord of the Rings Online here!). Sooo, where belongs this one to? A few moments of digging ... and the winner is Lightwave. But stop ... all other Lightwave layouts have fixed width of the body. So yes, Lotro One belongs to Lightwave, but it is probably only a typo.

So. And a bonus in addition: while digging through the modifications and variants i have found a nice template named 'cleanDefault'. It's fully resizable body width, with absolute minimum of graphical elements. If you want to start with your own design, this could be the place.

Okay, that's all for now. Perhaps again later ..

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mithril Forges of Eregion Forum Index -> Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: