Site Inactive

Membership

About Mithril Forges of Eregion
Well met, traveller!

I'm glad to see you to come to the website of Mithril Forges of Eregion. And i'm sorry to disappoint you: even if Mithril Forges *is* an existing kinship on the Landroval server - my private one to store my little army of alts - this website has been created as a kind of my private project. I intend to share it with a few of my friends, but generally it's not planned for the public use, sorry. Of course feel free to check any contents accessible on public part of the forums, but i'm affraid there isn't too much more to do here :-)

If you feel the need to participate here, please contact me ingame first - we can speak about it. But i don't promise you anything.

May your trail be safe and your step sure, wherever you go ...

Werrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mithril Forges of Eregion Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werrick [Agc]

re: Currently serving: Hunt for site layout

Okay, this is my current 'project' (stay careful when you see that word) and one of the reasons i have created this site: I saw a few like-to-be-fancy website layouts ... while their components were nice indeed, the resulting combination was ... less impressive (*merciful silence follows). I'm an IT guy (even if i'm not web designer and i don't intend to become one) so i'm used to have a 'productive environment' and a 'testing environment'. And i really don't like experiments on productive ... and even less i like people who do them ;-)

All the attempts will be concentrated into the 'Projects' section. The requirements are as follows:

• clean user interface without (if possible) disturbing elements, animations, videos and/or background music
  • the interface should be adaptable (in terms of current screen resolution on user's side) - of course with full respect to fact, that guildlaunch doesn't allow more than 1800 pixels width
  • widgets should be context-driven and user-driven (including permissions)

All layout designs are (will be for some time i think) done using 'Site layout version 4' (of guildlaunch). Current beta of layout tools 5 is interesting, with some good ideas (personally i really like the ability to 'store' current layout before you start to experiment with changes), but as a big disadvantage i see missing pre-designed layouts (layout library) and graphics elements. Everything has to be made by user(s). Well, sorry ... i'm not one of these.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mithril Forges of Eregion Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: